View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briz Vegaas View Post
Not sure if Nununo is still looking at speakers or not. His B1 experience does not sound typical. Mine are in a 4 by 6 metre room. Bass is pretty much spot on. A tad warm but still tight and tuneful. I use a quality 70 watt per/power tube amp but used a 180 watt ( 300 into 4 0hm) solid state amp with excellent results also.

I will say one thing, I use bass traps in all corners, it makes a huge difference to the sound. You room is 50% of what you hear. Take your system into another room just to see how different it will sound if you are not convinced.

I would not consider a sub at this level. Integration and getting sufficient speed from the sub puts me off. I use my REL for movies only.
My B1s sound great in my room integrated with a pair of JL Audio f112s used for both music and HT. I purposely bought the 112s since they have the speed required for music.

That said, I had acoustic treatments (walls & ceiling) professionally installed to help correct the room's shortcomings, so that definitely helps. And, while my Classe SSP-800 has digital EQ to help smooth out the room's peaks and valley, I've also inserted an analog parametric EQ for use when listening to my Linn kit for 2-channel. It sounds pretty damn good if I do say so myself!