View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 06:20 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Charles.......You may end up having to pay to reship the tuner. It wasn't FedEx's fault the wrong address was put on the shipment.
The address isn't the reason for the problem, actually. I called FedEx soon after that post. The apparent problem is an inadequate description of the box's contents. The tracking information said there was "improper or missing paperwork" and "inadequate description." I don't know what the paperwork issue is—I got no explanation from FedEx—but I did have trouble getting the clerk to understand what an "FM tuner" is when I shipped the MD90; whatever he wrote on the label was insufficient, obviously. I gave that info to the last rep I spoke to today (I spoke to four in all), who made the notation of what's in the box.

As for the address, that is indeed a communication failure between MD and me. I asked if I should use the return address on the box or is there another one I should use instead, and was instructed to use the one on the box, which is the Canada address; that's what I used. It didn't occur to me or Mr. Richards to verify, unfortunately. Implicit in my question is the assumption he knows what the label says (in fact, his name's on the label as addressee); his reply assumes the Buffalo address is on the return label (it wasn't). The Buffalo address is what MD uses for shipping things to/from the States, apparently, and they have a shipping agency there that they use. Nevertheless, both the MD90 and MD102 boxes have the Canada return address.

So yes, I have a problem with paying twice to ship the MD90 off, but that's mitigated by having a better understanding of what's going on and why. I'd still like to know what the paperwork issue is, though. I don't know if there was something else I should have been filling out, or if the FedEx location didn't do what it was supposed to. I signed some forms, but that's it. Anyway, things will be resolved one way or another.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks