Thread: Fuji XT-2
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 09:01 PM

The 16-55 f2.8 is a very well built superb lens that excels in both sharpness corner to corner, is resistant to flare with instant focus. The kit lens is terrific also with very good sharpness but not corner to corner and does not have the bokeh due to the variable aperture at 55 for portraits. The 18-55 does have OIS and is smaller and lighter. I had the 18-55 but appreciate the equivalent to prime sharpness with quick autofocus that 16-55 has to offer. They are both good lens, it just depends on what your looking for. They both have excellent build quality i.e. metal lens. I think for video the OIS would be more important. For still pictures the auto ISO will kick in and prevent camera shake for becoming apparent. The reason I read Fuji didn't put OIS in the 16-55 was it would compromise image quality and add to the size, weight and ad cost . The lens is already big with 17 elements in 7 groups. For me the wider angle, constant 2.8 aperture, aperture ring markings, sharper optics , faster focus, weather sealing were worth extra cost, weight and lack of OIS.