View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 07:11 AM
Living La Vida Vinyl

Wrt the Furutech ASB-1 Antistatic Brush, I've used a similar Furutech SK-III brush for 18 months or so. It's okay, but not a miracle worker. The SK-III has goat's hair plus special conductive fibers, the ASB-1 brush fibers are mostly acrylic along with some 'special' conductive fibers. The fibers are soft and flexible and bend easily like a very soft paint brush. You hold a metal portion of the brush to ground yourself while holding the brush on the record. The effect is temporary - through the time that you use it. Like many Furutech products it's well made. The special conductive fibers are patented and I suspect they are the same in both models.

It won't replace the basic Audioquest record brush; because it is so soft the Furutech does not sweep well against the vinyl surface and remove dust.

If you really want to get high-end stupid-serious about static electrical charge on records, check out the DS Audio ION-001 Vinyl Ionizer

It's a tower like device you plug in that sits above the spinning platter and ...

"By emitting both poisitive and negative ions in a controlled fashion from its dual outlets, the ION-001 ionizer effectively neutralizes and removes static electricity from the record surface. Our unique "fan less" design allows for silent operation for continuous use while playing records."

Last price I read was circa $1800 usd. I've heard from people who have one and find it highly effective. Be Careful - Your wife might give you some serious static if you buy it.