View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 01:16 PM
Listener in Training

Ordered some tubes last week from 3 different vendors. First order arrived yesterday:

- Tungsram ECC83/12AX7s
- Tung-sol (Westinghouse-branded) 12AT7s
- Siemens ECC801/12AT7s

Between these and others coming I should have a 'library' that we can use for a good long while and roll a bit when the mood hits. My order of 21(!) Gold Lion KT88s is on back order, so I may hold off on some changes for a bit.

I also am getting an Orange VT1000 tube tester. I considered some more expensive options, but for my needs at the moment, knowing if a tube is good/bad/weak should suffice.

This is a bit amusing to think that the Siemens tubes were made when I was a freshman in college, and bit more than a year before I took a semester off and sold stereos, where I was the first to sell a CD player, part of the "perfect digital future". Part of that amusement comes from the fact that I'm about to finally get on the Roon/Qobuz bandwagon, where we're getting closer to that ideal.
Sources: Vinyl: Clearaudio Innovation Wood turntable with 9" Universal tonearm, Da Vinci V2 cartridge, Stillpoints SS & Stillpoints clamp, McIntosh MVP 901, Apple Mac mini via Benchmark DAC 1, Aurender N100C via Schiit Yggdrasil
Control: McIntosh C1100, Mcintosh MX151
Power: Mcintosh MC2301s (front), McIntosh MC501 (center), Mcintosh MC402 (rear)
Speakers: Sonus Faber Amati Futura (front and back), SF Vox center
Power/connections: PS Audio Power Port receptacles, RGPC 400 pro (2) WireWorld interconnects and speaker cable

Last edited by 80B; 04-28-2019 at 11:58 PM.