View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soastrup View Post
Wonderfull, what a great system and what great speakers. How large is the room?

Enjoy
Thanks for the kind words.

The volume they play into is somewhat irregular shaped, I guess I'd call it a semi-open plan first floor. The nominal living room is 14' X 27' with the Aidas facing down the length of the room. You can see the bay behind the equipment rack, which adds a bit to the overall length. Ceilings are 10'. The back of the living room opens into a large kitchen and dining area.

The left side of the front half of the living room, to the outside of the left speaker is an open entry foyer 17' X 9' X 21', and out of this area are two large open halls to other parts of the ground floor. There is an open staircase to the second level from the foyer, with a balcony and an open hallway to the bedrooms upstairs. So quite a large volume.

I put a GIK Acoustics folding acoustic screen to the outside of the left speaker so that it sees a similar acoustic as the right speaker which is closer to a wall and also has an acoustic panel to the outside. In practice, there is no pulling of the center image and central sounds are firmly centered between the two speakers. The speakers are 9' apart from center to center.

Thank you for your interest.

Steve Z

D’Agostino Momentum M400 amps, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono amp, Wilson Audio Alexx, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofer stacks.

Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon. Shunyata Sigma NR & NR v2 cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots of music!