View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 12:05 PM

I received my Furutech Flux-50 NCF yesterday from Ivan. I had mixed emotions before installing the Flux-50 to my PS Audio PPP. My thinking at first was I already have my Wireworld Silver Electra power cords going from my equipment to the PPP and 5 PS Audio Noise Harvesters scattered around the room. Then reading all the glowing reviews here from everyone that purchased the Flux-50 had me all charged up.

Before installing the Flux-50 I listened to music that was familiar to me for about 1 1/2 hours. I finally couldn’t take it anymore and had to install the Flux-50. The Flux-50 was installed from my Wireworld Silver Electra power cord connected to the outlet to the PS Audio PPP. If I had to say just one word to describe the Flux-50 it would be “astonishing” I really wasn’t prepared with what I now was listening to. There truly is a holographic 3D image with the Flux-50 installed. The soundstage now goes well beyond my speakers, there is now a much more pronounced layered effect from front to back, pinpoint separation. Vocals are now within reach of touching while drums are set back nicely where they should be and boy were they tighter and more lifelike. Bass guitars were more pronounced than before. Songs with multiple acoustic guitars can now be identified across the soundstage. I can pick out who was playing the Martin guitar and who played the Gibson. Wind instruments lost that last bit of sibilance as well.

Everything was just crisper and tighter. All this was consistent from recording after recording, some more than others. If it’s a well recorded album you’ll hear it all in its glory with the Flux-50. Even recordings that were not so great improved dramatically. All this with just one Flux-50 installed.

So do I need another Flux-50? I don’t know but I have another one coming tomorrow. I will connect that one to my McIntosh MC452 feeding the PPP. I’ll report back over the weekend with an update.

One last note: If you don’t already own a Furutech Flux-50 NCF you are truly missing what your system has to offer. It’s better than any upgrade I’ve done so far.

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

Last edited by Audiophilehi; 12-06-2018 at 01:20 PM.