View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I wasn't sure if some of the extra detail and sound quality your paying for in the 802s would even be noticeable.
That's what I don't understand. For instance, the latest live action version of Beauty and the Beast was recorded using the best and latest digital recording capability and the Blu-ray is mastered in DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1. Beauty and the Beast might not be your cup of tea, but many, many recent motion pictures have outstanding sound tracks.

I'm including a review from blue-ray.com for Beauty and the Beast.

Quote:
Beauty and the Beast features a DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless soundtrack that captures both the movie's musical spirit and environmental details with clarity and spaciousness. The opening ballroom dance sequence, new to this film, plays smoothly with a wide, enveloping posture. Instrumental details are fine yet audible. Separation is magnificent and the sense of place and immersion is spot-on. Such carries through every song; all of the popular tunes from the film are handled with care, presenting musically and lyrically alike with plenty of width and depth, firm positioning for core instrumentals and lyrics in the center and excellent stage diffusion for the smaller, airier elements. Environments feel open and alive, whether during song and the various effects that accompany them ("Be Our Guest") or the more beautiful focal-point songs ("Beauty and the Beast"). Environmental details are excellent, whether booming and rolling thunder or nighttime insects and distant howling wolves entering the stage with realistic positioning and volume. The larger action sequence near film's end offers a nice cluster of more intensive sonic details that carry the scenes with chaotic precision. Dialogue is clear and center focused with expert prioritization in every moment. This is a masterful soundtrack from Disney.
Why wouldn't you want to capture all of the capability of disks like this?