View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post
This is correct, both the 803 D3 and 804 D3 side-by-side comparison was on Rotel gear which is of course is owned by B&W and I assume designed for use with their speakers, i.e., apples to apples.
You're not going to get any staging with that set up (5 feet apart, straight out at you, corner of a room). All you're going to get is centerfill. Not a fair assessment on the D3 ability.

What you should be really stating is that the Rotel system was not impressive... since really that's all you heard on the D3. And also that putting the speakers 5 feet apart in a corner of a room is not helpful to staging.

Have you seen a Wilson speaker set up?

You think they'd put it in the corner of a room right about 1.5 feet from the wall facing straight out and 5 feet apart?

Why do you think they spend hours at your house doing the WASP and positioning the speakers?

Ask Bill (metaphacts) of former Sumiko fame... ask him what putting a pair of speakers in the corner of a room will do. And 5 feet apart.

I don't mind if you share your opinion, Bill.

But let everyone else on AA know what the status was of the room and the audition was. People are looking at these preliminary reviews as a guide and you gotta be fair and transparent.

Last edited by joey_v; 10-24-2015 at 03:26 PM.