View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Now you're trying to tell me what I think and how my mind works, and with all due respect, you're out of bounds on that one, Serge. I, for one, am NOT convinced easily. If I didn't hear an improvement or have a more enjoyable or engaging experience with any of the devices in my system, I simply would not use or buy them, regardless of what measurements or others may or may not say. I don't go in for frills or frou-frou or frippery. Either it sounds better or it doesn't. If it doesn't, it goes. If it does, it might stay, but only if I think it provides a compelling value proposition. I don't have any agenda other than creating the most natural and enjoyable listening experience I can for myself when listening to music.

As for my reviews, I am simply write what I hear and experience as accurately as possible. It's not written for manufacturers or advertisers. If readers with shared sensibilities find that what I write to be informative enough for them to consider evaluating these products in their own system, its job done.
Stephen, you are not convinced easily and neither am I. I’ve had a lot of fun with this hobby since the late 80’s. I’ve seen, witnessed, listened, touched, auditioned explored and experienced just about all the gear that was available to the US market during the 90’s and 2000’s having stopped in the last 10 years and there is no way to keep up with all the new stuff. I’ve read magazines from cover to cover, I’ve met and spoken to the people at the front of the industry at both shows and various dealers. Philly and surrounding areas were blessed and still has a few very well stocked high end dealers, with mild to wild.

So excuse me if I sound skeptical on certain things my friend. I know what’s what in the hobby pretty well. I know the silence of the racks or racks of silence from the footers to the cables and fancy boxes with high quality outlets.

You do what you do and your heart desires and I will continue to express my opinions the way I see things. I think I’m also entitled to an opinion challenging the print.