View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 09:48 AM
Go Dawgs

Mike - couple of suggestions I would keep in mid when dialing them in....main thing to remember is with subwoofers, your room is totally different than ours, so a couple of general concepts will be better to keep in mind than actual "directions"! The first is try and get them as close to your left and right mains as possible. I have mine placed on the inside of my mains. My previous REL Britannias seemed to work a bit better on the outside. This placement may offer the closest integration to your mains rather then just stuffing them in the corners of the room to augment output. The second suggestion that REL recommends is volume higher, crossover lower. Many people make the mistake of adjusting the REL crossover too high to compensate for lower volume. With REL subs, it's a better blend to lower the crossover and then adjust the volume higher if needed. Every REL sub I've owned I usually have the crossover between 25 and 32 Hz. This allows the bass to more fully integrate with your mains without having too much "higher bass" that can sound muddy and not blended. I think those two recommendations are the first two steps to get you started!

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3