View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehoove View Post

As a audio manager in a Thriving Music Store in the downtown section, I watched it become a ghost town in the early 70's as the malls moved into town. Now the original mall is abandoned as some previously posted pictures prove.

The down town is now vibrant with restaurants and shops and is a destination spot even rated as so on the INTERNET. So it goes - "Times they are a changing"

I guess it’s generational: if you grew up in an era when local downtown shops were the place to shop and hang out, and watched them being driven out of business by malls, then this isn’t a bad trend. I am of that era and am glad to see the restoration of some of our downtown areas.

If, on the other hand, you grew up in the heyday of the mall and that was the place to hang out, then the closing of malls may be as sad for you as the loss of our downtown was for me.

The only thing that makes me sad now is the lost jobs, and the blight on the landscape of dead malls.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2