View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amado View Post
What I don't like of the REFDAC is the line stage, why another one ?
You have to manually put the volume to a desire level.
Can you understand why I'm trying to say ?
I'm a 95% of time a vinyl guy. I have for a DAC a $400 unit (wyred4sound), imagine that.
Most of the time my server first use if for let my tubes warm up or when I have visitors and drinks are a most.
The sound is very good from the MS-1 but not even close from what I got from the analog side of my system.
I now if I use the DaC8 will be something else. How then are connecting your RefDac ?

And thank you for your kind words.

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Amado. I hear you and understand. The Ref DAC offers the most to someone looking for a digital only solution and has moved to streaming ripped music. For that person, the unit serves as streamer, DAC and preamp. And the price offers value as many combos of those three devices can equal it's asking price

Using the Ref DAC as only a DAC makes the price/performance equation tougher and for many the DAC8 will make more sense. I am more in this category and use the ref DAC to stream from my naim HDX and HIgh Rez server. I run the volume at 65(has to be set each listening session) but the analog output stage is much better than DAc8. I wish it could have been ordered as a fixes output device... But in talking with ARC. 65 is the closest to eliminating the attenuator

I would bring one in and try

I love vinyl and have same phono as you. But I am also amazed at my digital front end now