Thread: New x260.8
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 08:59 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyptony View Post
Hey JoeN, how do you like the Quadraspire racks? Had you had any other quality racks to compare to?
I personally had Solid Steel before these. And my friend's home which I babysat for like two years has HRS and Artesania racks. Out of those two I like the Artesania the best, but both are very nice.

The Qs are great. IMO, they are much better than Solid Steel, but not as good as HRS or Artesania. They are surprisingly strong. The poles are very high quality and very rigid as well. I'm using their rubber footers to aid in dampening (tile floors), but they have other types as well.

They have different levels of shelves as well. I would have loved to try their X Reference pictured below.

The bamboo is a nice touch. My parents have had bamboo furniture since the late 60s. Still as new as the day they bought it. It's very good for vibration control. Quadraspire does machining on the underside of shelves to further reduce mass and resonance without losing any of its strength. It's nicely done.

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.