View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 05:42 PM

Thanks for all the replies. Most appreciated.

Since day one of owning my N10, I had been using the Synergistic Research power cord up until now. Since I’m on a roll with Shunyata now with the recent purchase of two Denali v2 power conditioners (stunning in both my stereo and AV systems), I e-mailed Grant of Shunyata about what his suggestion would be and if their $1500 Alpha NR would be the best choice. Surprisingly, Grant recommended a Venom V14 Digital power cord which lists for only $200. Here is what he said about it:

“I too own the N10. My suggestion would be to purchase or evaluate a Venom Digital NR power cord. This has an added level of filtration called Common Mode Noise filtering. It works by further cancelling digital-signal generated noise. Given that the N10 does not depend on peak-current, the Venom Digital is likely the best performance power cord for all digital signal output electronics with the only exception being the DAC, which outputs an analog signal and is dependent on peak-current. The Venom Digital NR is only $200 and will out-perform any competitors power cord regardless of price on any digital-signal source--NAS, Server, Streamer, Transport, Clock etc.” BTW, Grant told me that he owns an Aurender N10 too.

In light of what he said, I am ordering one of these Venom power cords for my N10 and PS Audio SACD Transport. I’ll post my impressions once I get them.