View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 11:07 PM

He didn't make many of the 17 watt'ers. I suspect he sacrificed a bit of "Single-ended goodness" on the altar of deriving more power. There certainly is no triode mode available. Here is the text of his description of my amp when he listed it on eBay:

"FIRE-BOTTLE"
NEW HIGHER POWER
17 WATT PER CHANNEL
SINGLE-ENDED STEREO AMPLIFIER
KT-88/6550 TUBE
SINGLE-ENDED CLASS A

SPECIAL EDITION

"LATEST HO EDITION"

INSPIRE TUBE AMPLIFIER by DENNIS HAD FEATURING THE KT-88/6550 BEAM POWER VACCUM TUBE AMPLIFIER IN A SINGLE-ENDED CLASS A 17 WATT DESIGN

"INSPIRE FIRE-BOTTLE"

CLASS A, 17 WATT SE
KT-88 GENALEX OUTPUT TUBES
6SN7 INPUT DRIVER
5AR4, GZ-34 RECTIFIER TUBE
REGULATED OUTPUT KT-88 SCREEN GRID B+ VOLTAGE
REGULATED DC, B+ VOLTAGE ON DRIVER TUBE
REGULATED DC POSITIVE CATHODE BIAS ON DRIVER TUBE

INDIVIDUAL FILAMENT TRANSFORMERS FOR EACH OUTPUT TUBE

CUSTOM DESIGNED AIR-GAP 20 WATT OUTPUT TRANSFORMERS TO MATCH KT-88 TUBES AT FULL BANDWIDTH

I have designed and built in just about every special part but the kitchen sink in this new high output SE amplifier

Every Inspire amplifier and preamplifier is a new cool thing that never existed before today. I just love designing, building and sharing these single-ended class "A" amplifiers with music lovers in all corners of the world. After all these years I just love it!!!!!!!

This afternoon I am offering a special version of the original Fire-Bottle, powerful single-ended class A amplifier featuring the famous KT-88, 6550 output tubes. I gotta tell ya, the sonic presentation delivered by this amplifier will revitalize your musical enjoyment. You'll be listening to your record/music collection as if you were hearing the performers for the first time. This jewell delivers the emotion of the music ... big time. The amp plays like a 50 watter with amazing control and slam. I consider this a "life-time" amplifier.

If you have ever wondered about this single-ended vacuum tube audio craze ..... now is the time for an Inspire "Fire-Bottle" SE amplifier in your home listening room. No matter the choice of music you enjoy or the playback equipment you use, this affordable Inspire will reward the listener with the emotional impact and realism of the original score.

Thank you for your interest in the Inspire KT-88 HIGH POWER SPECIAL EDITION FIRE-BOTTLE offering and have a great day .........

Dennis J. Had W4USR Radioman731
retired Founder and President of Cary Audio Design

Last edited by Bombadil; 07-21-2018 at 01:09 AM.