View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 11:00 PM

Found a place about an hour away in Toledo Ohio that sells both McIntosh and Klipsch so I went down with the wife to check it out. They had a set of RF7-III's on display, and hooked them up to a 150 WPC McIntosh amp and a McIntosh CD player for me in a private audition room. Should be pretty similar in sound to my MAC6700 (200WPC) and Oppo CD. I played through most of Dark Side of the Moon, A couple songs from Wish You Were Here, and about half of Pearl Jam's Vs.

These are definitely the speakers for me. They hit hard on the base, great treble and mid - but not harsh like I was worried about with the big horn. When I wanted to it loud, it was like I was in the front row of a concert. Plus Eddie's voice in "Elderly Woman..." was exactly what I was looking for, and was the kind of sound I couldn't get out of the Maggies. The 150 WPC amp never went into Power Guard, so I should be fine since I have another 50 to play with. They were definitely more "In your face" than the Maggies, but that is how I like my rock and roll.

-Geoff