View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 12:28 PM

I did a very similar comparison to Joey's, when I had an AQ Kilimanjaro on tweeters and a Mont Blanc on woofers -- and then got a 2nd Kili to replace the M.B. These two cables from the old line share the exact same cable design (half a WEL and half an Oak, respectively), except the Kili is PSS silver and the M.B. is PSC+ copper.

With 2 Kilis, the difference in detail, speed, attack, and authority was quite significant -- all in favor of the silver.

AQ claims that the new battery packs are improved over the older versions. They started shipping around spring/summer of last year. There are "Black" and "Carbon" versions of the new packs, with Carbon being better. I don't know which cable models get one vs. the other. The prior version packs had a soft rubberized finish, but I've seen these get gummy and gross. The version before that was the same shape as the rubberized packs but plain black plastic, and were pretty damn ugly. I think the new ones look great (they're painted plastic) and they won't get gummy.