View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulveling View Post
Look at all of you ballers upgrading directly from Wind to WEL, lol. I had to put in all the work and steps of going Sky/Wind > Fire > WBY > WEL, haha. Also, I bought back my Wild LP from the guy I sold it to not 2 months ago -- it's going on my SOTA Star (for the headphone system) that's being rebuilt as a Nova V.

NICE system, Charles. I agree with what you guys are saying about the sound. I do feel at this time though, that the WBY cables are also excellent, and come quite close to WEL.
Mulveiling, thank you for the compliment. I have really put a lot of thinking and effort into my system. These cables are breaking in nicely. Absolutely smooth is how I would describe their sound. Extreme transparency, detail, without any hint of harshness or grain. Sound stage much larger, deeper, imaging greatly improved. Had no idea cables and IC's could make this kind of difference. When I go to the internet I see Wel cables with a metal collar. Mine are clearly black plastic. Interesting.

Add thoughts: pace also seems to have increased; violins so smooth its incredible; brass sharp as can be. All this very noticeable on classical orchestral music. Zero grain.

Last edited by Charles; 04-16-2018 at 12:59 PM.