View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 11:50 AM

Joey, thank you. I am very happy with the sound of these cables. There is no harshness or grain. It is clear that the copper was adding a layer of grain that is no longer there. My imaging is better. The cymbals hang in space and decay beautifully and the dynamics have improved noticeably. For years I told myself cable materials don't matter as long as they are well made. Not true. I have a wish list: I need one more Wel IC (to replace a Wind) and I definitely want to upgrade from 1.2KW's to Mac 1.25KW's for my Alexx. Currently my sole 1.25KW is on my Thor. Not withstanding some negative comments by folks that don't own them or are heavily invested in 1.2KW's, I have heard some great things about the sound of the 1.25's. The "new" Mac sound as manifested by the 611 and 1.25 is more transparent and brighter than the old Mac sound. Also, tighter bass with more impact. Power supply increased by 50%. I understand from Mac that the 1.25 is sonically superior to the dated 2KW. The 1.25's are selling like hotcakes. Mac can't make enough of them to keep up with the demand. I plan these upgrades in the not too distant future. I don't know how long I can resist a triplet of 1.25's in front of me.

Last edited by Charles; 04-14-2018 at 01:49 PM.