View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 04:53 PM

Ariess,

Two years ago I considered upgrading from 803 Diamond to 802 Diamond because that seemed to be a logical step without breaking the bank. The audition made it clear that that upgrade was fully justified, but the dealer asked me to come back one week later and listen to a particular, weird and wonderful speaker. One week later I was listening to the Giya2, compared it to the 802 Diamonds and concluded that the Giya was simply better in all departments. The 802 Diamond is a really great speaker, the logical continuation of a brilliant concept that delivers magic and never becomes tiresome. But the Giya is a clear improvement of that same concept, with a very clear sound and a magnificent bass. Piano and voice are as "live" as you can imagine, and you truly get the feeling that the artist is performing right in front of you. The 802 Diamond is a magnificent speaker, but it's still a speaker. The Giya disappears as if it is replaced by pure music.
In short -I was sold, managed to convince my wife (who still thinks they're ugly), broke the bank and bought the Giya2's. It was a huge difference in price, but well worth it.