View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 10:59 PM
Cool, calm scientist

I can recommend:
Retailers
Strapped for Time
Crown and Buckle
Worn and Wound (check their store at their web site)
Holben's

Quality manufacturers:
Hirsch
Hadley-Roma
Worn & Wound
Fluco (German, hand-made, VERY high quality); available from Holben's
BOB Marino (German, hand-made, VERY high quality); available from that auction site.

Here's a BOB "handegemacht" strap on my Orient Blue Ray....

I've bought a number of Colareb straps from Holben's; they are a small, family-owned Italian strap company that makes straps by hand. Their straps are beautiful, but the quality is pretty iffy. Of the four straps I've bought, only one had quality that met my standards (things like not falling apart, consistent or durable surface finish). By contrast, the German (Fluco and BOBS) straps I've bought are...well, made by Germans. That should tell you all you need to know.

The straps that came with my Sinn watches are also exceptionally well-made, but...they're German, too. You can buy Sinn leather watch straps in various widths at Watchbuys, who is the only retailer of Sinn in NA (just do a search)

The retailers I've bought most of my straps from have been Holben's and Crown and Buckle.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 11-27-2017 at 11:13 PM.