View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 02:52 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Fuji is famous for the quality of it's color on it's digital cameras; it's very natural-looking; even my little Fuji F31fd has excellent colour accuracy and rendition, per the two examples below (also shot available light, no flash):

The Fuji based dSLRS that were based on Kodak sensors and Nikon lens mounts back in '03-'06 were famous for their color, also.

Actually, these are JPEGs, still working on the best RAW conversion. While ACR will support RAW conversion for this camera, it's not optimal, and using SilkyPix is junk. I need to write to Adobe and pressure them into putting X10 RAW support into the next rev of Lightroom 4. The unusual EXR sensor makes RAW de-mosaicing more complex than with Bayer pattern sensors. Michael Reichman of Luminous Landscape had some recommendations for converting RAW with ACR that I need to look into and them figure out how to configure on the camera.

To be honest, the JPEG files are so good, that I generally find I have plenty of editing headroom for the results you see here. I have to say I am very, very pleased with the image quality, and the camera and it's controls are a joy to use. I'm very impressed so far; I like this camera much more than my Canon G9.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 09-02-2012 at 02:58 AM.