View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 10:53 AM
Aspiring Audiophile

I actually have yet to use Launch Control on my 911. I still need to just to see how if feels. I did launch a 911 Turbo S on a test drive and was shocked at how violent it felt. It was actually the reason (for now) that I decided the Turbo S was too much car for me.

Beyond the launch alone, I've found the PDK transmission downshifts much more aggressively than I ever would (for fear of redlining my car) when I mash on the gas out of a corner, or to pass someone.

I will say the PDK "paddles" aren't intuitive to me at all...in cases where I am throwing the car around in the foothills is the time I miss the manual gearbox. There is something about sweeping into a big apex, and throwing the car into second gear that just feels right. With the manual, you can keep your eye on the road and know exactly which gear you go to by feel alone. With the Dual Clutch paddles, you have to check which gear you are in before blipping to whatever gear you seek...not the same at all. Advantage...Manual---

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Makes sense. Precisely why Ferrari, Lamborghini and even Audi R8 no longer come with a manual. Good to have choices though and I still prefer the manual since I've only launched my PDK and Dual Clutch cars a few times each at most and never again. It's pointless (to me) to go from 0-60 in 2.5 seconds beyond the few attempts to see what it's like.
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW