Thread: Two subs
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
I'm not Peterson .....but I don't believe that it was nearly as much as half, but I'd say about 25 to 30% if I had to put a number on it. Remember everyone's room will be a bit different. Just curious, why is the volume on your subwoofers that important? Is there a bass output volume problem in your room? - Buck
Thanks. Thats about what i expected. I dont think i have a problem per se, and i think i have it inetrgated with the mains pretty well, but if i turn the sub volume up too far then the bass overwhelms the sound from the mains and the tonal balance gets too dark/warm. I currently have the volume at roughly one-third of max setting, so your suggestion sound about right. Lower it to say one-fourth of max or maybe a hair lower and then fine tune by ear. My system is mainly for music and i'd rather have a bit too little bass than too much. Reason for adding the second sub isnt for more volume but for smoother balance and better soundstage. I was amazed at what the first sub did for sounstage "realism" for lack of a better word. The room just came alive. Hoping the second sub just improves on that aspect.