View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 09:43 AM

Default Dam-it you guys were right again

Who likes being wrong ? Dam-it if I was not wrong again ! As a big time cable skeptic I was looking forward to writing a post that I bought some wire world cables and they did not sound any better then my 12 gauge radio shack speaker cables or my monster RCA IC cables. It was no fun taking my equipment out and putting new wires in but it was worth it. I do not know if the difference is from the speaker cables alone or going to balanced from unbalanced IC but the sound is clearly better. The sound stage is wider with more space between instruments, everything seems to have more definition. On Patricia Barber's track, "She's a Lady" the finger snaps are much crisper, vocals have a more believable phantom like center channel presentation. I do not have the audiophile vocabulary as others on this forum to really do justice to the audible improvement I now have. I am sorry to those who I teased about cables. I could have sat quietly enjoying this improvement in private but in the spirit of this forum I wanted to share my evolution of being enlightened. Thanks Ivan, you were right