View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
Serge,

Ok, now that's more like it for my range on this little tertiary tube system I'm building. Hmmm. Nice!
now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! It might become primary with any of these great recommendations!

It would take me $2k in parts alone to build something nice or buy it done for $1,899, hmm, that's an easy decision. Gonna have to check those out. Heard of them but never seen them before.

I've been out of the manufacturer industry speaker loop for a while since my Totems and last custom set was completed for my main system a few years ago. LIKE the small form factory thing to go along with my upcoming small form factor tube amp.

If these speakers sound as good as many of you mention, heck, it might make me sell off the entire big system too.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks all, now I've got some Reference, Focals, Zu, and maybe some Tekton speakers to check out.
The Zu Audio speakers are just a bit "lightweight" sounding, not quite enough meat on the bones for my taste but many do like them. Just a suggestion, something to look into for sure. The ultimate result will depend on how they pair up with your amp.

When I was running a Shindo 10W SET on the Tannoy Canterbury SE (big speakers!) they actually sounded like they had more body and fuller/meatier than with Audio Research 250 Reference monoblocks! Go figure!

Last edited by PHC1; 01-21-2018 at 10:35 PM.