View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Audio Snoopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
My first No.432 had constant noise from right ch., can't be fixed in reasonable time.
The second 432 didn't make any sound at all out of the box. I'm forced to buy 436 mono
and add $$ as there is no more 432 left. I like 326s preamp user interface the most of all
pre that I have used. For similar price, I like Pass Labs more. But latest 2012 ML models seem to have better designs than No.512 era. Oh do you see internal of the 5xxH series amplifiers ? not even double down into 4 ohm load. they're cutting cost by reducing power supply capacity. Also I saw many many 33 waiting for luck
on spare parts. the color of the exterior become yellowish too, all of them.
Toga
Toga,

Gee, that sounds like a really unpleasant experience!

I do agree with Jim (Still-One) that there will always be proponents & detractors for every product, and sadly at this juncture, I lie firmly in the latter group when it comes to ML.

That being said, I believe that the ML brand is still revered enough by many including myself (albeit, mostly from it's past triumphs), and if the Harman Luxury Audio Group manages to get it right, then it is still possible for the ML brand to make comeback in a very significant way given the type of resources it has at its disposal with the Harman group behind it.

It will be interesting to see how ML's 40th anniversary collection of new products will be received once they reach the market (No. 52 dual-mono preamp, No. 585 integrated amp, No. 519 SACD player and No. 560 digital audio processor), as well as their tie up as a distributor for Lumagen video processors.

Actually the No. 560 digital audio processor looks quite interesting as it can function as both DAC and digital preamp. It has been reported that it will have up to 10 digital inputs on the back including two HDMI 1.3 inputs (why not 1.4?) with "DSD-direct" input capability, two optical and two electrical S/PDIF inputs, an AES/EBU XLR input and three USB 2.0 inputs, plus RCA and XLR analogue outs. Expected price is USD 6,000, and launch date is sometime at the end of the year.

We shall see!

Philip

Last edited by psjl; 04-06-2012 at 04:47 AM.