Thread: C2600....
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 09:21 AM
Racing Hoopties

Default C2600....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timobi View Post
Thank you for the Summary! So basically the audio sounds better through the c2600 DAC vs the Sony? I have a MacBook Pro Retina. All my Hi-Rez music and red book CDs I have on an external drive that I transferred over to the HAP.

Is it just as simple as plugging in the MacBook to the C2600? I think I need an audio software tho as I don't think iTunes can playback the DSD or 192/24 stuff.

If you have any suggestions I would be GRATEFUL. Oh...I did indeed trade my c47 for the c2600 today. Will begin the setup this week.

Well, it is just as simple as connecting your Mac (with your external HD attached) via USB cable to your C2600 and using/configuring media player software such as ROON, Audirvana or JRiver Media Center - sort of... The above will get you started down the path to PC based music. But like everything else in this hobby, there are almost limitless options to tweaking the sound.

Then you fall into the world of:

1) Wondering if your Mac is the best PC to use.
2) Choosing the best USB cable.
3) Choosing the right media center software.
4) developing a redundant and fail safe back-up regime for your precious music. (The files now on your Sony are useless to you now as they cannot come off that drive in a useful format)

Good luck!
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack

Last edited by crwilli; 03-13-2017 at 12:45 PM.