View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 04:34 PM

I have a Kuzma Ref 2 with the new 4point 9 Tonearm. I’ve been on the TT merry go round for years. In fact I have had the Ref2 before but had to sell it.
I think this is the best value TT you can buy. It doesn’t get enough attention, perhaps because it’s been around for so long and Franc hasn’t upgraded it for the sake of garnishing attention and extra $$$

It has beaten plenty of tables I have had over the years including SME, Linn, Oracle, AMG, Rega and Transrotor.

It really is a set and forget table.
I have a preference for suspended decks and I don’t think (excluding the Helix which I’ve heard) it doesn’t get better than this.

I had a chance to audition it against the Techdas Airforce 3 which I planned to get. I really wanted to like the AF3 but for me, it was more of Hi-Fi/ cerebral sound where’s the Kuzma was more Musical/visceral sounding.

You won’t be disappointed getting one.

I also had a chance to listen to it with various cartridges. I ended up with the Kuzma Car30. There was a great synergy with the in-house cartridge. Listened to it with a Kleos SL and Etna SL too, let’s just say that Lyra ain’t my cup of tea.