View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 09:05 PM

Default Grandioso K1 comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Chris... my K1 is now fully broken in, and just sounds insanely good! My full Grandioso Stack is 2 floors down in my Reference Burmester/Aida rig.

It will never be possible for me to do any type of side by side comparison. I also have a D02-X in another system, and a K01-X in yet a 4th system.

What I can tell you is that Esoteric may very well be my favorite gear of all time.
Thanks for the feedback Ivan.

I am looking to downsize but upgrade my digital source from Esoteric P-03U/D-03/G-0s to the Grandioso K1. From all accounts I understand this will be an upgrade sonically but I was just keen to learn of any direct comparisons that K1 owners may be able to share with other Esoteric gear.

I am expecting that the addition of a Rubidium Master Clock will likely provide a significant benefit sound quality as it did with K-01 and K-01X (and my P-03U/D-03 as well of course).

Rest of my system comprises Absolare Altius preamp, Absolare Altius 845 SET monoblocks driving Voxativ field-coil rear loaded horns and cabling from Echole.

Cheers

Chris