View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 10:21 AM
Go Dawgs

Default RMAF 2020 Gaylord Rockies Convention Center

Well, here's to hope. I guess I'll start the official 2020 Rocky Mountain Audio Fest thread here since we're about six months away. I suppose I'll address the elephant in the room, we don't know for sure this is going to happen yet, but as of right now, I believe it would be silly to cancel a show like this this far ahead. 6 months is an eternity and a lot could happen between now and then, so if it does eventually get cancelled, I guess we'll just ignore the thread!!

My personal opinion here is that unless the industry is willing to accept the death of the high end audio show, the show must go on. Unless the coronavirus disappears into history (which can happen, viruses come and go with no explanation), trade shows are either going to die or keep going with accepted risks. Anyway, enough of that.

What does the A.A. community think right now about the possibilities? In my opinion, let's say the show happens. I think the RMAF organizers have a real opportunity here. Munich and Axpona are both cancelled, this offers RMAF a real golden opportunity here, especially with the size and quality of the venue in Denver. They could promote this years' event as THE premier audio show in the world. They have the room to provide tons of exhibitors, live entertainment and seminars. Audiophiles and families would most likely be ready to go to something like this especially with shows being absent since the beginning of the year. If manufacturers have the means, this would be their primary opportunity of the year to make a splash and get business going. Anyway, what do you guys think? Let's assume the Covid situation doesn't get any worse but is kind of in a status quo situation. Will you attend and do you think the high end industry will embrace the opportunity?

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3