View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 07:47 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Sounds like a good plan. Just be mindful that the time it can take to burn in Teflon caps can be...considerable. Its likely less time for power amps, but my C-J CT-5 took over 1500 hours to burn in the Teflon caps; over 2 years of listening.
I wonder if the very long time breaking in might be the lower voltage/current in a preamp as opposed to a poweer amp? One reason I wonder about this is the Mundorf caps in my Canton speaker crossovers took at least the 1500hr you are talking about before they settled into the their very, very nice present sound. On the flip side, the Mundort SG coupling caps in my TU-8500 preamp seemed to have only taken 3-400hr, or so to break-in. I'm jonesing for a set of Canton 7K or 8K speakers, but the prospect of having to wait so long for them to 'strut their stuff' has me very hesitant.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag