Thread: Aurender W20SE
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW1800 View Post
I've been listening to the W20SE for a bit now and it sounds glorious! The best way I can put it is when I had a N10 and moved up to the W20 that gain is there again moving from a W20 to a W20SE - its that big of a change. I had both units here for a bit so an A/B could be done reasonably quickly.

The extreme play mode sure makes a difference also. I do like to watch the screen so its a difficult choice at times. However this one selection sure is noticeable to my ears.

Would not of expected as much of a difference just by looking at the specs. Aurender surely shows there are differences on their web site but I think changes run even deeper then listed or acknowledged. They must of dug pretty deep since we are certainly aware of just how great the W20 was and is.

The only knock I would have is the new model should of had the A30 OLED screen. Other then that Aurender has done it again - another hi quality product in fit, function and sound quality!!
This is good info. Thanks. In my system, the Vivaldi transport trounces the W20. Maybe W20SE will do the trick. Price is double of the W20 from 5 years ago. Time to save up.

Source 2 - Avid Acutus SP reference + Thales Reference tone arm + Benz Micro LPS (DS Audio Master 1 broken tip repaired but cost me USD2k. Still having issues - channel imbalance - back to dealer. However, channel issues not withstanding, sounded very very nice. Need to get it back soonest)

Source 3 - DCS Vivaldi + Antelope reference clock or Cybershaft Op18 (not floating my boat so far)

Source 5 - ROON ROCK with Aurender W20 as NAS & 2 units of SOTM switch with 10M input (the new frontier but still cannot beat CD for now) - ROON endpoint - Vivaldi upsampler

Amplification - Naim Statement

Speakers - ProAc Carbon 8 + JL FM113 x2 (replacement purchased - Stella Utopia EVO but due to lockdown, could be a year's wait)

Purepower 2000 x 2 (&$@#% but
sounds nice)

Shunyata Denali X 2