Thread: C-5xeMP
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 01:39 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioGremlin View Post
The reason I asked, I've managed to locate a new (unused amazingly) CX-5e MP from a German high-end retailer, its being shipped as I write. At 2/3 the original cost with a full five year warranty. Lets hope Charles keeps at least one drive for me, just in case. I have the CX-7e MP that I like very much but I also have many hybrid SA-CDs so theres my dilemma
I think you'll love it......as you can see from my sig., I've been a happy owner for awhile now, it's a very smooth sounding player, very natural and built like a tank. It was Stereophile magazine's John Atkinson's reference digital player for a number of years, and with all the toys they get to play with, that's pretty high praise. I've never felt the need to upgrade, plus I still do have quite a few DVD-Audio discs that sound great in high rez.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3