View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 09:03 PM

Perhaps its in the eye of the beholder, but I do not believe the Venom Signal cables look inexpensive at all compared to anything anywhere near their price. Further, to make them appear more expensive would be throwing money at aesthetic that's better spent on parts that contribute to performance. I doubt there are many sub-$300 IC cables that use Ohno Continuous Cast Copper, hollow core conductors and custom-designed high-performance connectors. Last Friday I spoke with a dealer who felt the Venom IC's looked more expensive than the double-the-price Delta IC's so, go figure.

Any of our IC's can be used as sub-cables. Its not as if there needs to be a specially designed sub-cable, but I also understand there are companies that market and package them this way.

We never intended to make all manner of cables for the cable business or even for all customers. I think its fair to consider us as a highly specialized manufacturer of technology, measurement and science-centric electrical and cable systems. We don't aspire to be more than that, so there will be some commodity price-points and categories of products we don't produce.

There are many companies that make these types of products. Specialty sub-cables would be a good example of a product category we don't see a need to market specifically to, or build a cable specifically for. Of all the signal carrying cables in a system, the sub-cable is generally one we recommend going an affordable route for, in terms of a purchase.

Best regards,

Grant