View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNut View Post
You bought the Salon 2's because you liked them. Please don't worry about what others here think, because their thoughts are based on lack of knowledge rather than actual experience with the speakers. Probably very few people here have ever seen or heard the Revel speakers, because had they done so, they would, at least, give them the respect they deserve.

Anyone who has ever heard the Salon 2's knows that they are among the very best and are a world-class bargain at their price point.

Keep the faith. You have great speakers.

Also please note that I am pretty much in the same boat. I own speakers that I know to be among the world's finest, and until audioguy3107 - who owns a pair of essentially the same speakers, came on board here on AA, I seemed to be the only person who had ever heard of the things.

Mine are Avalon Eidolons - bought new in 1999 and used continuously since that time - audioguy3107 owns a slightly "improved" version - but essentially the same speaker - and I don't give a tinker's damn about lack of interest in this forum because I know that they do things that more highly touted speakers are incapable of doing - plus - one of the most highly respected speakers here - The Wilson speakers, give me a debilitating headache and I can't listen to them for more than five minutes. Also note in my signature that I also have a pair of Audio Physic Caldera 3's - and I'm sure that no one here has ever even seen a pair of those.

So, my advice, ignore the fact that you don't get a whole lot of response when you speak of your speakers. Others here are often like lemmings - they follow the leader, and if the leader gets Wilsons, they start looking at Wilson, if Sonus Faber, they look at Sonus Faber and so on down the line. (By the way, I owned my pair of Sonus Fabers long before the leaders here started talking about them.)

Stop worrying and enjoy your wonderful speakers.
Julian
I thought all that running for office stuff was in your past.

Jim