View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 07:23 PM

Default Other EMI RFI controls

Really interesting to read everyone’s experience of the Furutech filter. I run a full range of EMI RFI noise controls.
All my components- amps pre and power, dacs, streamers, external clock, etc are treated internally including damping and shielding. So much so that external dampers such as Isoacoustics footings make no impact. My cabling is damped and shielded. My Furman 20Pfi Elite has the same treatment.
Typically, I purchase any unit online and send it directly for treatment before listening. In a number of cases I’ve returned equipment to get further treated.
All the sonic results reported here from the Furutech are definitely and easily heard. One or two examples. My Pioneer N70ae sounded rather lightweight even after initial treatment. I complained and sent it back. It returned a completely different unit. Now the bass lines were solid weighty and meaty. It was a significant change. Second was a Pioneer LX800 Blu-ray player. Again the unit came back a super solid unit. The sonic signature now carried lows mids and highs in a solid presentation.
So I can understand what others here report.
In addition to the Furman I run 2x Richard Grey Power Company Pro400 units in my system.
Pursuit of noise control is a fundamental upgrade path that provides significant improvement in sound. It’s easy to hear the results as others report. I had the LX800SE vs Stock vs David Wright upgrades units measured by an independent lab in Canada. IMD was improved by these kinds of treatments.