View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 11:25 PM

I was able to find 3 Blue fuses on the used market with the right ratings for my amplifier so I jumped on this opportunity to tweak it a bit more. I installed them on the power supply board of my Yamaha CA-1000. Synergistic's logo pointing from left to right is the directionality of the fuse, so I installed them in the direction of the fuse rating markings on the board. I did so because the last fuse I installed on the amp board I noticed that it sounded better when in the same direction of the markings. I applied the same logic and so far it does not sound any worst than before so I will leave it as it is for a while. I will let the fuses properly setting in before concluding on the sound improvement.

EDIT:
My tech confirmed to me that these fuses are necessary only for the protection of the relay... No audio. Meh. But, I realize that only 5 out of 8 fuses are actually needed for the audio path. Right now I have 5 blue fuses installed so I may just sell them and get 5 orange instead. Live and learn.

EDIT 2:
I learnt that out of the 3 fuses on the PS board, only 1 is not in the audio path so I removed the Blue and sold it. While the 2 others are not directly in the audio path, they do supply current to the audio boards. Not sure if my mind is tricking me at this point, but I feel the amplifier to sound cleaner with more extended bass. Highs seems to have more sparkles. The difference is not night and day as with my other Blue fuses upgrades but still I like what I hear. They are keepers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4341.jpg (91.6 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6912.jpg (92.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6905.jpg (81.0 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6943.jpg (91.3 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by Parabellum; 12-10-2019 at 10:52 PM.