View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 02:43 PM

Default new GRF 90 owner

Hello,

I recently picked up a slightly used pair of GRF 90 from a gentleman who was downsizing. I must say, these are bigger and heavier than I was expecting.

I am powering these with a Luxman 507ux ii.

It's been a month and my first impressions are mixed. I have not heard sound this clear and smooth in my home before. The stage and image are impressive to say the least. They are the best speakers I've owned by far. However, I have also had these nearly tare open my ears with a loud horn passages. I was also expecting a little more bass throughout my listening experience. I keep reading about the extreme low end other GRF users are experiencing, and I want that too...!

I have been experimenting with the treble adjustments. But have elected to keep them flat until I get placement correct. My room is not ideal. It is an older apartment living room. One speaker is near the corner and one halfway along the long wall. The front baffle is roughly 44" from the front wall. I have them toed in slightly: pointing several feet behind me.

Previous speakers have been Harbeth SHL5+, Devore O/96, Klipsch Belle, Altec 604s...

Id love to chat with other owners and their experiences.

Talk soon,
Steve