View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlebum View Post
With all of the usual clarifications applying (my ears, my room, my system, etc.):

For me, the Klipsch Chorus II's with new crossovers and titanium tweeter diaphragms are the best sounding speakers I have owned over my 20+ years in this hobby, and I've got around $1,000 in to them all total.

I've done the low powered SET/high efficiency speaker setup previously but did not enjoy the performance no where like I do now. Probably due to my lack of knowledge, room, components, etc. at the time.

Now, Dennis' 45 Inspire amp mated with these Chorus II's provide me with startling dynamics, sweet extended highs, detailed and full bass, and fleshy midrange. Almost a three dimensional experience for lack of a better term.

And I get to deal with a really great fellow!

Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Addict View Post
Believe it or not, you have just begun to scratch the surface of the possibilities....
AA is spot on. You could go on endlessly in this pursuit. Only you can decide where the end is.

Try some of the Supra tinned copper wire and you may forget about Nordost etc. When your wallet heals spring for a pair of the EML solid plate 45's before chasing more old production 45's. Enjoy your new amp.