View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Prentice View Post
Wow, I forgot... we got a Grundig short wave, I think inherited from my uncle when I was very young... I used to listen to it all the time. You also reminded me that I used to listen to my fathers Glenn Miller compilations when I was 8? This discussion is reminding me how deeply rooted music was in my childhood. I always think of it as a teen age interest... but that was just a change in kind of music that I listened to at that age .
I bet you haven't forgotten the sound of the trombone of Glenn Miller. It is all deeply rooted into us for sure. Funny that I think back and do not find anything objectionable about that very simple all-in-one turntable/system, it reproduced voices very well and I think most people who are not into high end will focus on the vocals more so than any other part of music.

Then again the music genre I heard as a kid mostly had to do with a simple acoustic guitar accompaniment and vocals, no doubt my father's preference in music. I'll have to ask him about that as I don't recall anything else from that time period.