View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Serge.......I am in agreement with you. It is like an addiction, and each fix requires a bit more to maintain the level that interests you at that moment. One day you look around a say holy mackerel, I have spent some serious cash on this leisure time activity. In addition to the two-channel gear and home theater gear that has crossed my threshold during this time, I also equipped a personal recording studio with pro level gear, premium guitars, keyboards, microphones and and related equipment, plus constructed the control room and studio addition onto my home to house it all. Money was flowing fast and furious. Add to that my crazy love affair with new automobiles, trucks, and SUV's, eight brand new vehicles in 12 years, and you can practically see the greenbacks flying out the window. I don't even want to think about the grand total of all of it.

This past year has seen me slow way down. The pace of the past decade or more is unsustainable without tapping on the brakes a bit, and also because my enthusiasm has diminished for sustaining a leading edge posture. I imagine my age has something to do with the latter as I slow down. I am happy and comfortable, and really don't need anything more than what I already have. Life is good.

It was fun while it lasted ..., common Dan it’s ok to take a breather. Here is an idea, you could probably get all the gear you want to try out for free just by offering to do a review.