Thread: CA-2300 vs. ???
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-48 View Post
Hi

I wonder if any here are using the CA-2300, and if so, did you compare it to other amps before purchase?

I have a CP-800 and am thinking the CA-2300 might make a nice addition to the system.

((( P.S. Editing doesn't let me change the icon of the post. the "thumbs down" icon was a mistake -- I clicked on that instead of "?". )))
I own the CA-2300 and upgraded from the CA-2200 and the step up was huge and my B&W802D2 greatly benefited with the change. I compared originally to the Bryston 4BSST and Ayres V1XE and preferred the CA-2300 which was more dynamic, smoother vocals. The bass and treble was superior as well.

I have owned for almost 3 years now and have no complaints. Do not be concerned at all about fan noise as you cannot hear it except at start up and the fan will vary speed based on the temperature of the amplifier. I have mine in a cabinet and you would expect the fan to run at higher speeds however this is only the case if I am cranking music for very extended sessions 1 plus hours and even at higher speeds you cannot hear it unless you go directly up to the amplifier.

Last edited by GregGale; 04-10-2016 at 08:31 AM.