View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Searching for the Sound!

The amps arrived this morning. Thankfully in perfect shape.

It was a royal pain to get them out of their crate, but I finally did. While modest in terms of size and weight as far as amps go (70lbs), it was still a heck of work out.

This is my first experience buying on Audiogon and the seller was a stand up guy. When he said the amps were perfect, he really meant it. They are absolutely in pristine condition.

I hooked her up and turned on the power switch. Its takes about a minute as the amps go through their stabilization phase, with the Red LED light flashing. I felt a little anxiety kick in when the lights were flashing, but then I got the solid RED LED. Nice!

Popped in Steely Dan Gaucho and sat down for Hey Nineteen (hey I am supposed to be working). There is such an ease and flow about these amps that are hard to describe. Very natural with the right amount of richness and texture. The sound is totally "unforced". If your looking for that instant wow, you won't find it with the Lamm's. Its more on the lines of a tease that draws you in and makes you want to listen more and more. Shit, time to go to work.

Can't wait to listen tonight. I know, you guys want pictures. I may need a little help to load them.

More to come.......

Rich

Last edited by darkstar; 04-21-2011 at 07:35 PM.