Thread: We won!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
With all due respect, this is one of the most misguided things I think I’ve ever read on AA. Among 50 others reasons I can think of, did you have any idea that the largest attended football/soccer game during the last men’s World Cup was not in Russia but in Atlanta during an MLS playoff game? One of The reasons that American football is so popular here is because the games do not end after 90 plus minutes in a 0-0 tie. NFL football athletes are the strongest most conditioned athletes in the world and would make rugby athletes look ridiculous if there were ever some type of comparison. Aside from men’s soccer, there is a reason the US dominates team sports and the summer olympics....if the US’s best athletes actually cared and wanted to complete in soccer, they would most likely dominate there as well but the best athletes in the US have no reason or desire to play soccer, rugby etc since no one here cares.

- Buck
Hi Buck,

I'm not disputing your post, I agree, if the USA played Cricket & Rugby with your top athletes, you would be World Beaters- that fact that you don't is what I'm trying to say.

I wasn't being derogatory, just saying that your top 2 sports are not played anywhere else, so you miss out on World Tournaments- I know you probably don't care about that- I was just saying.

Sorry, I've had no sleep for 6 weeks watching the World Cup- it doesn't start here until 9.30pm & finishes around 6am the following morning- sorry I apologize for being incoherent in my posts :-)