View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 05:28 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
No kidding...a 4ton heat pump for first floor of our home gave up the ghost after I got back from Munich. It has new control boards, compressor, etc...but the techs had not been thorough with the heat exchanger with its coils, etc...under the house and missed problems there over last 2 years. I held the company accountable...they had to put in a whole new 16 Seer Payne system 2 weeks ago,....$12K hit for them, $1500 OOP from me for new ductwork, routing, etc...

The month without AC here in SC was brutal....

Luckily my system is on the 2nd floor and a separate system heat pump [emoji16] i put in 5 years ago!
Never been to SC, but I can imagine it's a steam bath. My sympathies, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Yep...... am guessing my 28yr-old compressor is on its last legs. Still keeping the house cool in the high-90's and fingers crossed.............
That's what I'm hoping for with the extra juice of this new Friedrich. 15,500 BTUs is overkill theoretically, but it may help when temps are way up there. An interesting feature of the Friedrich Chill series is an oscillating fan, which might help mitigate "dead" areas in my living room that are not cooled by my current A/C. "Auto Air Sweep," they call it.

Meantime, I attached a photo of my current unit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0480.jpg (96.9 KB, 47 views)
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks

Last edited by prepress; 07-06-2019 at 05:30 AM.