View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 05:23 PM
Semi-audiophile

As for that Trane unit, there seems to be an advantage in living in an apartment versus a house. That $11,000 is quite a bit of money; central air, I'm guessing. Here's hoping you don't need to replace that any time soon, Buck.

The current unit is behaving still, but there's no way to know how long that will last. It's better I get the new one anyway, I'm thinking, because the control board issue happening at all says something's wrong. I wouldn't want any major heat waves and have it decide to quit again.

One issue with this all is that the living room, where the AC is located, is too cold, whereas it's about right in the kitchen at the other end of the apartment. The fan is set to 4, its highest setting. But apparently that gets the air to the back of the apartment better. One wonders what an additional 3,000 BTUs will do to this. I have fans which could pull the air to the back, which would allow me to set the fan or thermostat lower.

It will be great to put the apartment back together once the new unit's in place, too. Makes no sense to do it now, only to have to do it again in a week or two.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks