View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 02:47 PM
Blown & Injected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Morris View Post
Have useful in reality is the HDMI input on this new DAC2.

The Audiostream review says a flat panel TV can be connected but surely the audio would be out of sync with the TV ? I’ve an MA8000 (with the older built in 2 channel DAC) and I’ve tried pushing my TV audio through it using the TV’s SPDIF (Toslink) connector (there’s no HDMI input on amp) and the audio is behind the picture hence unwatchable. So I have to use the TV analogue audio output via headphone socket and go into the amp via unbalanced RCA input.

I suppose the HDMI input could be used with audio source components but how many have an HDMI output. And what advantage would this give compared to the way I do this via a digital co-axial cable ?

Is this DAC2 a bit overrated then ?
This is an excellent question. Obviously, ARC HDMI connection points offer two-way communication. One benefit for the apartment dweller (without the space for a full blown home theater system) who desires the audio from his TV to be through his audio system would be waking up the C53 by simply turning on the TV. As for other benefits in comparison to the standard Toslink output from the TV, I have no idea.