View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glisse View Post
Too funny!

Thanks for posting. The review seemed pretty accurate. Every time I have heard a Triangle, they are so bright and aggressive I run for cover. I think Mr. Fritz may have had the same reaction, but said it much more nicely.
I have listened to these Cellos and I think they are amazing loudspeakers. The only problem is that Triangle are terribly hard to match and to position speakers. Just a small step in the wrong direction and they sound fatiguing and aggressive. They usually pair very well with tube-amplification and Accuphase gear. I heard them at their best (and they sounded amazing) with BAT VK-600SE and Meridian 808.3 Signature as source and preamp. What an amazing combo... although costly and definitely more expensive than the speakers. The Cellos had a punchy and detailed bass, amazing midrange and a very extended and refined treble. They look like a piece of art, are very efficient and have impressive dynamic capabilities. It's true that the Cellos have a more front row kind of a presentation but there's a delineated soundstage and voices and instruments have lots of air floating around so that they can be precisely located. Opera and classical music are the best choices for these speakers. As I said, give them subpar gear and an untreated room and you won't recognize them anymore.
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 06-04-2019 at 04:54 AM.